Coffee & Fellowship: 9:30 AM

Sunday School: 10:00 AM

Worship Service: 11:00 AM





Directions:


From the intersection of SH 6 and FM 974 (Tabor Road) take FM 974/Tabor Road north approximately 5.3 miles to Alexander Rd., turn left on Alexander Rd. and go approximately .9 mile to Alexander Cemetery Rd., turn left on Alexander Cemetery Rd. and the church will be on top of the hill approximately .1 mile.



On a hill, under the shade of live oak trees, sits the Alexander United Methodist Church.

In 1854, Rev. Robert Alexander, a circuit-riding minister for the Methodist Church, organized the Alexander Chapel on the land deeded by heirs of George W. Singleton. Singleton was one of the "Old 300" settlers who came to Texas with Stephen F. Austin.

The original church meetings were held in a log cabin, but two years later, the first church building was constructed. A second church was built in 1908, and the current building still serving the congregation was built in 1939.



Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. Alexander United Methodist Church.